The Montgomery County Partners for Homeownership holds an annual Housing Fair free to the public! The 2019 Fair date will be coming soon!
The annual Housing Fair is a great starting point to have questions answered from experts including lenders, Realtors®, insurance agencies, home inspection firms, non-profit and governments agencies and more! Learn about mortgages and grant programs if you’re thinking of buying a home. Learn about new government programs, sheriff sales, foreclosure prevention and understanding this difficult real estate market. Workshops are held throughout the day and over 25 exhibitors are expected to have booths showcasing their information.
Are you a vendor interested in a booth?
Vendor registration forms will be posted sometime in 2019! The Housing Fair includes an exhibitor area for non-profits, banks, mortgage companies, title companies, home inspectors, credit companies and other housing-related organizations. Space is assigned on a first-come, first-served basis and booths with electricity are limited!
Free workshops will be offered throughout the day that focus on assisting individuals better understand the home buying process. Below is the list of workshops that were offered at our 2018 Housing Fair!
- Understanding Sheriff Sales – How Sheriff sales work and how to decide if this is a good option for you when looking to buy a home.
- Understanding Credit & Credit Scores – What You Really Need to Know The myths and realities of credit scores and how you can improve your credit.
- Homebuying Basics & Grant Programs for First-time Buyers – Information on understanding the home buying process and how to find the “right” house and information on grant programs.
- Mortgage Loan Basics & Understanding Lender Guidelines – Understanding different types of loans (Conventional, FHA, VA, Others), how the amount of a loan is determined, how much cash is needed for down payment and closing costs and if you are financially ready to purchase a home.
- Buying a Fixer-Upper & Rehab Loans like 203K – How It Really Works – How to buy a “fixer upper” and the different loan products that are available to finance the cost of repairs. Learn what the renovation shows never discuss on TV!